ZOO Bratislava is situated on an area of 96 ha, of which 35 ha are accessible to the public. There are 1016 animals - 178 species (31.12.2017) in the ZOO. ZOO is located in Mlynská dolina - which is part of district Karlova Ves in Bratislava.
The ZOO includes endangered species, for example:
Addax antelope, European bison, White rhinoceros, Turkmenian kulan, Pygmy hippopotamus, Golden- cheeked gibbon, Sri Lankan leopard, Cotton-headed tamarin, Gray mouse lemur, Pygmy loris, African hunting dog, Przewalski´s wild horse, Markhor, and many more.
Notable exhibits are:
DINOPARK is a popular attraction at the ZOO, too
- Breeding facility for South African lions, Tigers (white form), Jaguar and Sri Lankan leopards
- Primate house for Common chimpanzee and Sumatran orangutan
- Terrarium and exhibit of exotic species with Slender-tailed meerkats, tropical monkeys, sloths, armadillos, and two new fresh water Malawi and Tanganyika aquariums
- Enclosures of rhinoceroses and kangaroos
- Enclosure of zebras and giraffes
- Enclosures of antelopes and pygmy hippopotamuses
- Lakes in a natural style with flamingos and pelicans
. You can discover contemporary fauna and extinct Mesozoic dinosaurs. DinoPark offers dozens of static and moving models of dinosaurs in life-size, a photosaur in order to capture dinosaur´s experiences. You can have a snack in style of Mesozoic DinoGril, 3D cinema for free, unique plant Wollemia Nobilis, a paleontological playground, children's attractions for young adventurers, and also beautiful sceneries of nature.
Zoological garden Bratislava is Municipal contributively institution whose founder is the capital of the Slovak Republic, Bratislava.
ZOO Bratislava is a member of international organizations:
- European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) since 1994
- Union of the Czech and Slovak Zoological Gardens (UCSZ) since 1990
- International Association of Zoo Educators (IZE) since 2000
- International Species Information System (ISIS) since 2001
- Euroasian Regional Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums (EARAZA) since 2010
There were 287 991 visitors in the Zoo Bratislava in year 2017.
>> Photo gallery - ZOO
>> Photo gallery - animals