Wooden church Mikulášová - Open air museum - Bardejov

Region: Region Prešov (Prešovský kraj)
District: Bardejov
City / Municipality: Bardejov, City part / Municipality part:Bardejovské Kúpele
Tourist location:Šariš
Lies by the river: Topľa
Latitude:49° 19' 47.59932" / 49.3298887
Longitude:21° 16' 0.57468000017275" / 21.266826300000048
Included in categories: Wooden churches
Church Mikulášová Greek-Catholic wooden Church of the Protection of the Most Holy Mother of God, built in 1730, was originally located in the village of Mikulášová. A municipality of Mikulášová was first mentioned in historical documents in the year 1414. In fact it dates back even further, probably to the second half of the 14th century. In the 16th century, the village was a part of the Makovica manor, but at the beginning of the 17th century, the historical records proved its origin as a Ruthenian village of the manor. Until the year 1948, the official name of the village was Niklova. The interior of the Wooden Church from Mikulášová, the iconostasis and other individual icons are dated back to the first half of the 18th century, when the church was built. Most of them (The Pieta, altar-piece The Protection of the Holy Virgin from 1734, The Apostolic Row of the Iconostasis) are significant evidence of transformation of the Carpathian icon's character, influenced by local ethnic and religious ... ... Read more

Objects, services, attractions around (up to 50 km - direct distance)

Folk Lore Exposition - Šariš museum in Bardejov
0,08 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
The Museum of Folk Architecture - Open-Air Museum - Bardejov
0,08 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Wooden church - Zboj - Open air museum - Bardejov
0,09 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Bardejov (City)
4,09 km
Basilica minor of St. Egidius - Bardejov
4,14 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Historical Exposition - Historical Town Hall - Šariš Museum in Bardejov
4,18 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Exhibition Hall - Šariš Museum - Bardejov
4,21 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Šariš Museum - Bardejov
4,22 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Icons - exposition of Šariš museum in Bardejov
4,33 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Natural Sciences Exposition - Šariš museum in Bardejov
4,34 km
City/Municipality: Bardejov
Hervartov - object of tourist services
10,32 km
City/Municipality: Hervartov
Hervartov - Roman Catholic wooden church of St. Francis of Assisi
10,48 km
City/Municipality: Hervartov
Ladomirová - Church of Archangel Michael in Ladomirová
25,59 km
City/Municipality: Ladomirová
Bodružal - wooden church of St. Nicholas
32,05 km
City/Municipality: Bodružal
Memorial to Tokajík tragedy - Museum of SNP
40,51 km
City/Municipality: Tokajík
Stará Ľubovňa Castle - Museum in Stará Lubovňa
41,16 km
City/Municipality: Stará Ľubovňa
Open Air Museum - Museum in Stará Lubovňa
41,48 km
City/Municipality: Stará Ľubovňa
Medieval military camp
41,72 km
City/Municipality: Stará Ľubovňa
Burgher´s House Museum
41,94 km
City/Municipality: Stará Ľubovňa
Andy Warhol Museum of Modern Art
46,77 km
City/Municipality: Medzilaborce
Slovak Opal Mines
49,45 km
City/Municipality: Červenica
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode

More from related categories

The Greek Catholic church of St. Nicholas is part of a unique urban unit on an elevated position in the centre of the village Bodružal. Church is surrounded with the cemetery, wall, and the belfry from the 19th century. It was built in 1658  and consists of three interconnected square-shaped ...
Read more
The Church in Hervartov is a wooden Roman Catholic (formerly Lutheran) Church from the end of the 15th century, located in the village Hervartov, district Bardejov, Prešov region (Prešovský kraj). Church is the oldest and best preserved wooden church in Slovakia. It was built in the Gothic ...
Read more
It located near Wooden Articular Church in Hronsek, in the district of Banská Bystrica, Banská Bystrica region. In 2008 was the  wooden Baroque bell-house together with Hronsek church enrolled to the World Cultural Heritage List of UNESCO.
Read more
Wooden articular Church is in a village Hronsek in the District of Banská Bystrica, Banská Bystrica Region. Church is 8m high and has a shape of the cross with arms 23 and 18m long. As there are many unusual motives from Scandinavian architecture, it is assumed that craftsmen from Norway or ...
Read more
Evangelical wooden articular church of the Most Holy Trinity in Kežmarok was built in 1717. There are fascinating interiors and exceptional wall paintings as well as wood carvings in the church. It is considered to be the most beautiful of the last 5 remaining articular churches in Slovakia. ...
Read more
Wooden Church of Archangel Michael is located in the village Ladomirová in district Svidník in the Prešov region (Prešovský kraj). There are wall paintings (fresco paintings) inside and icons created in accordance with Byzantine and Old-Russian style.
Read more