City / Municipality: Bardejov
District: Bardejov
Region: Region Prešov (Prešovský kraj)
Tourist location: Šariš
World Heritage: UNESCO Cultural Heritage
Basilica of St. Egidius together with the historic town hall are dominants of city of Bardejov in the Region Prešov (Prešovský kraj). The history of the basilica dates back to the 13th century. The church is a unique piece of Late Gothic architecture in eastern Slovakia. In addition to significant architectural value it is interesting also for its rare interior. There are rare monuments from the Middle Ages that have great artistic and historical value. There dominates set of eleven Gothic altars in the interior. Rare are also among others sculptural group of Golgota from the 15th century, ...

City / Municipality: Kežmarok
District: Kežmarok
Region: Region Prešov (Prešovský kraj)
Tourist location: Spiš, Zamagurie
Basilica minor of the Holy Cross is Late Gothic Roman Catholic parish church. It was built between 1444-1498 on the site of an older parish church, which in 1443 burned down. Church is the youngest and with its sizes one of the biggest Gothic three-naves churches in Spiš region. (Internal dimensions: length 51 m, width 22 m, the height of the main nave is 15,75m). In 1998, it was declared as Basilica minor. Basilica minor is from 18th century a special honorary title, which lends Roman Pontiff to important temples. ...

City / Municipality: Bratislava
District: Bratislava I
Region: Region Bratislava (Bratislavský kraj)
Tourist location: Bratislava and surroundings (Bratislava a okolie)
The Blue Church - Roman Catholic church in Bratislava was built between 1909 and 1913. It is located in the capital of Slovakia - Bratislava on Bezrucova Street. (Bezručova ulica). It is characterized by the blue color of the plaster and roof. It is a one-nave sacral building with built out cylindrical tower. The church is decorated with architectural elements of secession (fashion and lifestyle in the late 19th and early 20th centuries). It is a small, but beautiful church, the length of the building is 30,9 meters. ...

City / Municipality: Kežmarok
District: Kežmarok
Region: Region Prešov (Prešovský kraj)
Tourist location: Spiš, Zamagurie
The New Evangelical Church in Kežmarok was built in the eclectic style between 1872 and 1894. It was built by the domestic builder Viktor Lazar according to the project by the Viennese architect Theophil von Hansen. It belongs among the national cultural monuments of Slovakia.

City / Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
District: Banská Štiavnica
Region: Region Banska Bystrica (Banskobystrický kraj)
Tourist location: Hont
Mountains: Štiavnica Mountains (Štiavnické vrchy)
World Heritage: UNESCO Cultural Heritage
The late Gothic St. Catherine’s Church is one of the most beautiful churches in Banská Štiavnica. It is also called “Slovak”, because the sermons here had been taking place in Slovak language since 1658. St. Catherine’s Church was built in 1488-1491. Its interior decorations were worked on until 1500. The church consists of one nave topped with a late Gothic stellar vault continuing to presbytery. The nave is lined from both sides with chapels of half its height. In 1776, the chapel of St. John of Nepomuk was added to ...

City / Municipality: Žehra
District: Spišská Nová Ves
Region: Region Košice (Košický kraj)
Tourist location: Spiš
World Heritage: UNESCO Cultural Heritage
Church of the Holy Spirit is the late-roman sacral building from the second half of the 13th century located in the village of Žehra in the district Spišská Nová Ves in the Košice region. Most valuable monuments in the church wall paintings, forming a complex of iconographic cycle. They cover whole presbytery, Arch of triumph and the whole northern wall. The oldest paintings are from the end of the 13th century or in the 14th century. Artistically most valuable is painting of the presbytery.

Category filter
Donation
Support us