The first mention of Red Stone Castle was in the first half of the 13th century. The castle was built at a request of Queen Konstancia Uhorska, the widow of the Czech king, on her own land before 1240. At the same time the castle got the name – Red Stone (Cerveny Kamen in Slovak, Rothenstein in German, Vorosko in Hungarian) or Beaver Castle.
The castle was originally held by the Crown and later passed into the ownership of Matus Cak Trenciansky and a number of families including Zapolski, Turzo and the counts of Svaty Jur and Pezinok.According to the heirship the castle and estate passed from the hands of Queen Maria Habsburg, the wife of the Austria-Hungarian King Ludovit II Jagel to the Fugger family.
Despite the fact, the two noble families played the most significant role in the history of the castle. It was the German family of Fugger and the Austria-Hungarian family of ... ... Read more