Organ Špania Dolina

Region: Region Banská Bystrica (Banskobystrický kraj)
District: Banská Bystrica
City / Municipality: Špania Dolina
Latitude:48° 48' 29.59956" / 48.8082221
Longitude:19° 7' 57.806400000191" / 19.132724000000053
Included in categories: Historical places and monuments
Organ in Špania Dolina The organ from village Špania Dolina belongs among the historical jewels, it is almost 300 years old. Organ was built in the Church of the Lord's Transfiguration in 1751, in the village of Špania Dolina - an ancient mining village with a rich history in the Banská Bystrica region in Central Slovakia. Twelve register organ was built on the occasion of the visit of Emperor Francis I in mining towns. It is the last organ on the territory of Slovakia with preserved authentic Baroque sound and the last of the big preserved organs of master Martin Podkonický.The organ is completely preserved, without any serious intervention, with the original whistle fund and organ cabinet. Highly valuable are the tin whistles that master Podkonický made from the whistle of the previous, even older instrument and are hand-wrought. Martin Podkonický (1709-1771) was one of the most important late baroque organ-builder of in Central Slovakia. He built instruments in Orava region (Slovakia) and in Hungary, ... ... Read more

Objects, services, attractions around (up to 50 km - direct distance)

National Cultural Monument Kalište - Museum of SNP
6,98 km
City/Municipality: Baláže
Museum of the Slovak National Uprising - Museum SNP
8,21 km
City/Municipality: Banská Bystrica
Hronsek - wooden baroque bell-house
17,78 km
City/Municipality: Hronsek
Hronsek - Wooden Articular Church in Hronsek
17,78 km
City/Municipality: Hronsek
Memorial Nemecká - Museum of SNP
19,83 km
City/Municipality: Nemecká
Slovak National Gallery - Zvolen Castle
26,16 km
City/Municipality: Zvolen
Vlkolínec - monument reservation of folk architecture
27,76 km
City/Municipality: Ružomberok
Slovak National Gallery - Ľudovít Fulla Gallery
32,65 km
City/Municipality: Ružomberok
Black Hron Railway (Čiernohronská lesná železnica - ČHZ)
39,04 km
City/Municipality: Čierny Balog
Demänovská Cave of Liberty (Demänovská jaskyňa slobody)
39,30 km
Demänovska Ice Cave (Demänovská ľadová jaskyňa)
40,14 km
Bojnice (City)
40,42 km
ZOO Bojnice
40,79 km
City/Municipality: Bojnice
Bojnice castle
40,80 km
City/Municipality: Bojnice
Calvary in Banska Štiavnica
41,76 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Tajchs (artificial water reservoirs) of Banská Štiavnica
41,99 km
Tajch Large Vodárenská (Veľká Vodárenská)
41,99 km
Holy Trinity Square - Banská Štiavnica
42,53 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Berggericht – mineralogic exposition
42,58 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Old castle (Starý zámok)
42,63 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Hereditary Mining Tunnel Glanzenberg
42,64 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
St. Catherine`s church in Banska Štiavnica
42,66 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Bethlehem in Banska Štiavnica
42,74 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Tajch Ottergrund
42,80 km
New Castle (Nový Zámok)
42,87 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Banská Štiavnica (City)
43,14 km
Mining Museum – open-air museum
43,59 km
City/Municipality: Banská Štiavnica
Tajch Klinger
43,73 km
Mine in Hodrusa
44,27 km
City/Municipality: Hodruša - Hámre
Zveropark - Animal park
45,04 km
City/Municipality: Žarnovica
Leštiny - wooden evangelical articular church in Leštiny
45,16 km
City/Municipality: Leštiny
St. Anthony mansion - Museum in St. Anthony
45,20 km
City/Municipality: Svätý Anton
Strečno Castle
45,26 km
City/Municipality: Strečno
Hviezdoslav - Museum of P.O. Hviezdoslav
45,88 km
City/Municipality: Dolný Kubín
Milan Rúfus house
46,68 km
City/Municipality: Závažná Poruba
Čičmany - objects of folk architecture
47,94 km
City/Municipality: Čičmany
Počúvadlo lake
49,03 km
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode
* There is noticed the direct distance (as the crow flies) in km
* Click on the map marker for more details
View in fullscreen mode

More from related categories

It located near Wooden Articular Church in Hronsek, in the district of Banská Bystrica, Banská Bystrica region. In 2008 was the  wooden Baroque bell-house together with Hronsek church enrolled to the World Cultural Heritage List of UNESCO.
Read more
The first town hall was on one of the oldest Kežmarok streets – Old Market. After inbreak of Hussites in 1433 the city partly burned down and its centre was moved to another location, where the new square was built up. In the middle of new square Juraj from city Spišska Sobota raised new town ...
Read more
The first reports of the existence of Kežmarok town schools are from years 1383-1392. There is the assumption that the first type of this school -  parish - there was already a century earlier. Evangelical lyceum is historic Late Baroque building. It was built in the years 1774-1776, today's ...
Read more
Mysterious  underground of Čachtice spreads  as the spider´s net under all village of Čachtice. From the original wine cellars inhabitants of Čachtice built  an extensive system of corridors with several floors for protection before Turkish attacks. Several weeks after a lost battle of the ...
Read more
Square shaped in the beginning of 16th century, and forms the core of the city. A significant role in its formation played the building of the Town Hall and the Church of St Catherine. Houses on the sides of the square are  epideictic burgher's palaces, which belonged to rich burghers and mining ...
Read more
Štiavnica’s Calvary is one of the most beautiful baroque Calvaries in Europe. It is located on Scharfenberg (Sharp mount) hill, thus being visible from all sides and providing a complete view of Štiavnica’s caldera (a large crater which came about by collapsing of the walls of a volacnic ...
Read more